Video format for mobile

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Thu Apr 9 14:49:41 EDT 2020

Hi Klaus,

My experience with this issue was trying to view "youtube live" using the
browser widget, which uses h264...its how I found out that CEF needs to be
built with "-proprietary codec" flag in order to be able to play h264
videos from youtube or vimeo.

It would make sense that its the same reason why LC player does not play
anything with h264.

Yes that is what I was implying, building LC and CEF (Chrome Browser in a
widget) with the codecs.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 2:46 PM Klaus major-k via use-livecode <

> Hi Tom,
>
> > Am 09.04.2020 um 20:34 schrieb Tom Glod via use-livecode <
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
> >
> > Hi Richard, thats exactly what they did.
> >
> > Now if only would could get a LC and CEF build with that. Do you think it
> > would be a lot of work to add the codec to LC player and a build of CEF
> > go with it?
>
> the x264 codec is 100% compatible to the h264 codec!
>
> Almost all of my videos are encoded with HANDBRAKE which uses the x264
> codec,
> been ripping my own DVDs some years ago, and all of them play fine on my
> (not so )
> smart TV, in a player object and a browser widget in LC.
>
> Or do you mean LC should implement that codec right into the engine?
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major