Another Apple iOS Deadline

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu Apr 9 12:52:27 EDT 2020

I was briefly shocked when i read your post.

I  am currently developing a service app, which allows to authenticate using  already existing online shop login data.
That login data is used not only for the online shop, but also to authenticate to webservices  to download price data, fetch shipment information and so on.
The new app was planned as a mobile companion which allows to use all the web services in a more convenient way on a smartphone.

So in general the guidlines would mean that i cannot  use the shop login data to authentication in the app.

But fortunately  the guidelines make exceptions:

Sign in with Apple is not required if:
Your app exclusively uses your company’s own account setup and sign-in systems.
Your app is an education, enterprise, or business app that requires the user to sign in with an existing education or enterprise account.
Your app uses a government or industry-backed citizen identification system or electronic ID to authenticate users.
Your app is a client for a specific third-party service and users are required to sign in to their mail, social media, or other third-party account directly to access their content.
<<<

So the first one allows us to use the shop login data. Phew..

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code