Go to card has become slow

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Sun Apr 5 14:18:30 EDT 2020

I don’t think LC accepts multiple statement transactions at all, does it?

Bob S

On Apr 5, 2020, at 11:00 AM, doc hawk via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

If server performance is at all an issue, SQLite may be the wrong choice.

It has a kind of, very reluctant, simultaneous access that the developers warn you not to use.

They suggest PostgreSQL for heavy loads.

I use SQLite within the application (the in-memory access is blindingly fast), and an external Postgres server (where I basically stash the statements to create the sqlite records, and update).

I tried mysql first, but LiveCode  doesn’t support multiple statement transactions on it (or at least didn’t at the time), resulting in hundreds of transactions where I could have used one