Maximum field height?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Apr 5 13:44:16 EDT 2020

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > @Richard, when developing for desktop you don't need the enclosing
 > group, but on mobile you do because acceleratedRendering only applies
 > to groups. Without it you can't achieve smooth scrolling. I wish we
 > could just set a field to scrolling layermode, it would sure make
 > layout and resizing easier.

My own mobiles apps haven't yet displayed text longer than a few dozen
pages, but I was impressed with the smoothness.

I'd always taken LC's field excellent field buffering for granted, given
that their text engine is internal and used on all platforms.

I've had such good luck so far with using scrollers directly on fields
that it never occurred to me that accelerated rendering would be useful
for field objects.

Maybe Mark Waddingham could explain the relationship between LC's field
buffering and the non-text buffering the engine does with groups?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems