Go to card has become slow

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Apr 3 04:42:33 EDT 2020

On 2020-04-03 09:25, Terence Heaford via use-livecode wrote:
> Fortunately I have Time Machine running on my mac.
>
> I have gone back to a previous copy from the 01 April 2020 and this
> project is running at full speed.
>
> I have made no modifications to the underlying functionality of this
> project other than some modifications to SQLite
> scripts to improve performance.
>
> I will make those adjustments again and report on the outcome.
>
> I do not believe it’s anything I have done.

I'd humbly  suggest that modifications to SQLite scripts constitute
modifications ;)

Have you modified the SQLite database in any way?

Like most db's SQLite is heavily dependent on indices to prevent
operations being slow - if some have been removed which existing queries
relied upon, or one hasn't been added to support a new/modified query
then that could cause a heavy performance loss.

Similarly, SQLite is transactional, so if you do lots of mutation
queries outside of one each individual query will take a lot longer (as
each will be under its own transaction requiring a OS disk flush/sync
after each) - if you've tweaked how you are doing such queries and not
taken into account transactions that could also cause a heavy
performance loss.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps