Android architectures

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 22 14:51:36 EDT 2019

Thanks Ralph. I'm really looking forward to your utility because it
looks like I'm going to need to build 4 apks. I phrased my question
wrong, what I actually meant was "is it worth it to build for x86?"

I did some poking around and found that x86 devices (both 32 and 64 bit)
comprise about 1% of the market, as of 2 years ago. Since Intel stopped
supporting the chip it's probably less than that now, except for one
thing: Chromebooks.

<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33228158/android-architecture-usage>

<https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/186334/what-percentage-of-android-devices-runs-on-x86-architecture>

If you don't care about Chromebooks, it seems a bit of a waste to bother
with the x86 builds, which will still run with an ARM build but slower.
However in my case, I do need to support Chromebooks, many of which use
an x86-something processor. So I guess I'll need to support all four.

I kind of like your option 4, but I guess uploading four times instead
of two isn't that big a deal anyway.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com