Catalina

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Wed Oct 9 13:06:28 EDT 2019

> Bob S. wrote:
> Can I just point out, to no one in particular on this list, that
> you don't HAVE TO UPGRADE TO CATALINA??? Apple did not cause your
> version of LC to become obsolete. YOU DID!
>
> Matthias R. wrote:
> Thanks Bot, i thought the same, but did not dare to write it.

It is just the same with new LiveCode versions.
So why did you both ever write about new LC versions?

New MacOS versions are often a downgrade in software speed
(measured relative to hardware speed). This time it is a BIG
downgrade. Just try yourself (but you don't have to ...).

The current Apple style is the 'fake-news-and-status' style:

For example the installer. For at about 45 minutes the estimated
time remaining is repeatedly calculated to 31 minutes and then
going down by one to 27 every ten minutes. This is 5bit computing,
not 64bit.

First everything has to be freshly indexed and cashed, of course.

But then, after *every* startup, the system seems to be ready
but doesn't respond for ten seconds. The same again with Mail,
etc., hopefully not with your standalones.