Where do we want LiveCode to go? (was "Re: Where LiveCode is Now")

Jjs jjs at krutt.org
Wed Oct 9 05:20:03 EDT 2019

@Sean Ok i have to agree. It is looking very professional. and maybe you are right. In this way that i think that for employees of a company this is good to work with. Even the loading times, i acknowledge in that case it is workable. For an average unknown visitor or possible customer who comes by it takes too long to be attractive.

Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> schreef op 9 oktober 2019 08:32:58 CEST:
>Yes Sean, that looks good!
>
>Already when I see the table, I’m blind typing, trying the page up/down
>keys on the keyboard, resizing the window while it is loading, trying
>to stress it…
>
>Peter
>
>> On Oct 8, 2019, at 10:21 PM, Brian Milby via use-livecode
><use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'll say that is a good job so far.  The grid is very responsive (but
>I am
>> using a pretty fast laptop).  Second time to the page was much faster
>than
>> the first.  And I'll agree that some of the corporate web apps that I
>have
>> to use can take time to get themselves ready for anything.  Even the
>SAP
>> desktop client can be slow to load.
>>
>> Thanks for posting this.
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 8:18 PM Pi Digital via use-livecode <

>experiment, but
>>> no visitor is going to return after the first time of long waiting,
>not
>>> even if the 2nd time is somewhat quicker
>>>

>>> Again, this only potentially applies to the landing page, not a web
>app
>>> which any visitor would or could expect a loading time, especially
>if
>>> warned. Our clients are already happy with this. It’s still less or
>about
>>> the same as they experienced with the desktop app.
>>>
>>> HTML5 deployment from LC is not intended for making web pages.
>>>
>>> Have you loaded MS Dynamics or any other CRM for that matter in a
>browser.
>>> And yet they are used day in day out by thousands of businesses
>globally.
>>> Each MSD window is tedious - loading takes 16-20sec and
>inconsistent. LC
>>> html is a dream in comparison (despite its current bugs and
>screwups).
>>>
>>> https://tariffanalyser.porrima.co.uk
>>>
>>> Double click the circle icon to see some demo data and display 28k+
>>> records in a custom built DataGrid (coz datagrid2 is broken and mega
>slow
>>> at the moment).
>>>
>>> That’s what I’m working on and it loads pretty fast in comparison.
>10
>>> seconds to download the app and engine, run, Connect to a list from
>MySQL
>>> via php, resize to fit the screen and display. (Note: this is not
>designed
>>> for mobile platforms)
>>>
>>> Each sales agent will have a link on their desktop that will open up
>>> Chrome to this page as if opening a desktop app. And they can leave
>it open
>>> over night if they wish and come back to it the next morning after
>logging
>>> back into their machine.
>>>
>>> This ‘experiment’ seems to be working.

> [...]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Android apparaat met K-9 Mail.