Give a bug a hug

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 11:32:44 EDT 2019

Hi All,

If I can interject here.

WHEN they have decided that they can add new resources (it used to be
people but now we are all commodities) or
reassign said resources to the LC branch rather than nearly all to the LC
for FM branch. If LCFM becomes the cash cow
then bugs will surely be fixed quicker and be inserted into the poor
peasants branch (us with indy and business licences).

The only problem with that is that the said bug to do with the native text
field not working might never be fixed because it isn't a
problem for the "Cash Cow" Branch.

This could also mean that previously funded stuff (i'm beginning to sound
like a broken clock - sqlite framework) might again
still have less priority.

This is what I was talking about being treated like mushrooms - no
communication as to what the future holds.- rough timescales
as to when new or reassigned resources will be implemented - what is the
intention with sqlite, 2d physics, Audio ....

here is a 2014 update  ...

https://livecode.com/the-present-and-future-livecode/

Open Language: With the core refactoring almost complete (LiveCode 7.0)
we’ve started to turn our attention to the final aspect of this project
which is to open up the language for extension by anyone. We have been
prototyping for quite some time now and plans are in place to move this
project forward at a rapid pace once LiveCode 7.0 is released. We will
complete network, socket and database libraries with easy to use English
like syntax as part of the development and testing of this feature. This is
currently slated as one half of our next major release, currently
imaginatively named “8.0”.

Physics Engine
Incorporate Box2D into LiveCode along with an animation loop feature.

Network / Sockets
Use new open language feature to implement

Database
Use new open language feature to implement.

To my knowledge (I am willing/hoping to be wrong) not one of these has been
implemented and I don't know if database included the Sqlite framework
which had its own crowdfunding over 3 years ago
and a 3 month implementation schedule.

Open language was what got me to "bite the bullet" and move over to
Livecode in the first place

Is Open Language dead Mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQveng3Wxz8

Regards Lagi

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 at 16:07, Pi Digital via use-livecode <