Recommended specs for Windows Development computer.

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sun Oct 6 10:26:25 EDT 2019

Hi JJS

I have an iMac that has the specs for a dual boot but I am reluctant to do it.   It has a 1 TB fusion drive and when I upgraded from Sierra to Mojave I ended up with a non functioning fusion drive.   I had a nice long chat with the Apple Support tech trying to get it working again, then I was escalated and the engineer had me do a couple of other things and then my Mac was bricked.  He was a bit embarrassed and approved a free repair at my local Mac dealer.   Turns out the upgrade detached the fusion drive’s SSD from its Hard Drive.

It turned out well in the end but I don’t want to go through that again.

Regards,

Martin Koob