LiveCode 9.0.5

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Oct 4 22:18:33 EDT 2019

9.5 has a lot of other things that will take more effort to merge and test
all the bug fixes. 9.5 has features that could cause regressions. LC
released 9.0.5 to push out the bug fixes faster. LC apparently wanted to get
us all the bug fixes for users that don't need:
1) Xcode 11.1 / iOS 13.1 SDK.
2) 4 Android architectures.
3) 64 bit Windows apps/IDE.
4) PDF widget.

I need 9.5 for only some of my applications. I have apps that I can use
9.0.5 for. The 9.0.5 bug fixes/memory leak repair/debugger fixes will be of
great help for over 1/2 of the projects I'm currently working on. For me
9.0.5 is a welcome release. Just installed 9.0.5 and am going to have some
fun putting it through the paces this weekend(new toys!). I'm curious to see
how the fixed leaks will help my DB processing apps!
I've been doing a lot of JavaScript/LC server lately and I push as much if
it back to the server where LC makes development MUCH faster. Bottom line
==> LC has saved my company.

Thanks team for 9.0.5!

PS: I had several apps stop working last month because a 3rd party provider
changed their API without warning(egg on face). Thanks to MW's detective
work I was able to fix it fast. I have never seen a community come to each
other help like the one we have. An MS update broke another app last year
because of security changes. At least we have access to the LC team. That
3rd party provider did not even answer my email and well MS... Try to get
Apple to make an emergency fix, good luck. I want to thank the entire LC
team and all you folks on the list for making my life better. Now if I only
had JLG's time machine I'd be golden.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services