...and Livecode... where are we now?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Oct 3 10:56:30 EDT 2019

The code looks like Pascal. Variable typing, declaration and scoping. Not english like. Perhaps you missed the whole point of Livecode, and it's predecessors Hypercard, Supercard and Metacard. Livecode is the alternative to environments like Lazarus, great for someone with the time (and probably the training and experience) to program in a mid level language, but not for someone like me, who actually began to learn Pascal years ago, and gave it up when I realized how much time and effort it was going to take to learn, when all I ever wanted to do was cobble together some utility apps to help with my real job of managing information.

Bob S