Windows 64

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri May 24 11:21:11 EDT 2019

Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about 32 bit vs. 64 bit? Apple only began supporting 64 bit OS in 2006 when they began to use the Intel chipset. In 2011 the OS was exclusively 64 bit throughout, but has continued to run 32 bit apps until Mojave. Mojave is the last Mac OS that will support running 32 bit apps.

A 32 bit OS can only address around the first 2 gigs of memory. Not very good for running multiple apps.

I understand your financial situation living and working where you do. If all you have to work with is pre-Intel Apples, then I'm surprised... even shocked you keep them running! It's a testament to your resourcefulness, not to mention your tenacity. It's also a testament to how well Apple made their products in those days.

Bob S