My sticky fingers

Dar Scott Consulting dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jun 13 17:24:51 EDT 2019

This works for me on macOS Mojave 10.14.15 using LiveCode 9.0.4.  By "works", I mean it does some things that I think might be close to what you want.  I have a field named "test field" on a card and button to clear that. I hold down keys while the field does not have the focus.  I would guess you can extend this to backspace.

local keyIsUp = true

on arrowKey k
   if keyIsUp then
      doSomething k
   end if
   put false into keyIsUp
   log "arrowKey" && k
end arrowKey

on keyDown k
   if keyIsUp then
      doSomething k
   end if
   put false into keyIsUp
   log "keyDown" && k
end keyDown

on rawKeyUp
   put true into keyIsUp
   log "rawKeyUp"
end rawKeyUp

command doSomething k
   log "did" && k
end doSomething

command log s
   put s & tab & the long seconds & lf after field "test field" of me
end log