Design questions...

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jun 6 14:47:42 EDT 2019

I ran into this too concerning the "effective" keyword. The dictionary says,

"Adding the effective adjective to either form returns the area of the screen the application has to itself. In particular, if the keyboard is activated, it take into account if the keyboard is taking up space on the screen. (Android and iOS only)"

I'm not sure if that means that the keyword can only be used with Android or iOS, or if it means that statement about the keyboard taking up the screen only applies to Android or iOS (as opposed to say a Windows tablet).

Looking up the "effective" keyword seems to indicate that it returns the inherited property of an object. It does not list screenRect(s) as valid. But it seems (and I'm not complaining, just observing) that getting the effective screenRect of say a stack or a card would never occur to me.