No subject

Tom Bodine quizzicaltimes20 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 11:31:43 EDT 2019

Hi all.

I'm troubleshooting a rare image issue and hope you can help.

The issue is that some (not all) images used in a LC standalone app appear
as black boxes.

Details:

* Only happens if user is on Mac Mojave.

* All pictures appeared normally for the users before upgrading to Mojave.
After upgrading to Mojave, the black boxes appeared for certain pictures.
(Other pictures in the same game work fine.)

* For one user, pictures that failed to render were all screenshots done on
her Mac.

* For another user, failing pictures were all composite images from
photographs. (He arranged one or more images on his screen and use Grab or
Photoshop to capture them as a composite image.)

* The issue can happen with either jpg or png files.

* I am certain the picture paths are valid, because LC is finding them and
sizing the image control's rect to the aspect ratio of the images.

* The app in use is a LC standalone built on Mac with LC 8.1.10.

* The app allows users to select images to add to a quiz. Images are stored
in a media folder and loaded as needed into an image control for display.
Only one image file is shown at a time. (This has worked reliably for many
years.) The full path to the image file is provided to the image control.

Have you seen any similar issue or do you have a theory about what's going
on?

Thanks,

Tom Bodine

P.S.: Apologies if this post appears more than once. My original listserve
account wasn't working.