name vs short name

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jul 4 06:03:16 EDT 2019

Hi friends,

this is on my mind for a very long time.

put the name of img 1 -> image "xyz"
put the short name of img 1 -> xyz

However:
set the short name of img 1 to "xyz2" -> compilation error, see below...

We have to:
set the name of img 1 to "xyz2"

This does not seem logical at all to me!?

Can someone please explain in a comprehensible (sic!) way why this is so? :-)

BTW:
Looks like the dictionary is wrong here (or am I missing something obvious?)
Entry about name:
set the [{ long | abbreviated | short }] name of object to string
?

I tried:
set the long name of btn 1 to "hello sailor!"
set the abbreviated name of btn 1 to "hello sailor!"
set the short name of btn 1 to "hello sailor!"

And got "Compilation error: can't set this property..." in all three cases.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best

Klaus
--