Howto play live video from webcam on OSX?

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:33:15 EST 2019

I'm trying to show live webcam footage in a Livecode stack on OSX.

*Browser*
The following works well in the browser but requires permissions to be
agreed with a browser dialogue that does not show in the embedded browser.

   - https://davidwalsh.name/demo/camera.php

It would be great to get that working as there is a lot that can be done
once it;s in the browser widget.

*mergAVPlayer*
The alternative is Indy and mergAVPlayer

   - http://mergext.com/home/mergav/

*Player object*
Once upon a time we could use af few tricks with the player object or use
revVideoGrab...

Any idea how to achieve this - the browser widget based option would be my
favourite?