change http to https, what to do?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 24 15:11:27 EST 2019

> On Jan 24, 2019, at 03:31 , Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode<use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>  wrote:
> i do not know what might be the reason, but when i run into problems with  sftp or https connections i disable
> SSL peer certificate verification  with
>
> tsNetVerifySSLPeer false
>
> just to see if it´s working without verification of the SSL peer certificate.

I've had a problem in the past where a certificate fails in the hops
between the client and the server. (At least, I think that was the
problem.) I had to set libURLSetSSLVerification to false, which isn't
safe but allows all connections to work.

How does tsNetVerifySSLPeer compare to libURLSetSSLVerification? Is
verification of peers different from verification of all certificates?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com