HTML entity escaping?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jan 23 00:02:10 EST 2019

David Bovill wrote:

 > Richard - thanks for the tip regarding using the template field - I
 > was wondering if that would work on the server (see my latest post)

Oh yes.  You made that requirement clear.

You can read and write to LC object properties in a faceless
command-line environment like CGI just as you can in a GUI.  The only
difference of course is that you won't be able to see anything. :)

If you missed it, you may enjoy this tip: many versions ago (<7?) the
team added graphics export support.  That's right: it will render a card
into an internal buffer, and you can then export the card, or any object
on the card, to any of the export formats LC supports (PNG, JPEG, GIF,
etc.).

The simplest application for this might be a custom postcard generator,
but I've used it for medical procedure diagrams.

The ability to generate custom graphics on the fly based on input coming
from the user's browser is super-cool, and AFAIK has not been widely
used in our community.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems