Script Editor Performance

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 07:50:50 EST 2019

My guess on this is that it is a basic field issue. One of the most
frequent crashes I get is if in testing I put some data in the msg box. If
the data is unusually large, everything jams. Only a force-quit gets you
out of that.

I wonder if when we have native field objects - that this might be the real
long term solution - though I don't know what the idea with regard that is
for fields on desktop - but certainly leaning on the OS to handle stuff
like that without the performance issues for large amounts of data could be
the "fix" that we need / is planned?

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 at 12:28, bob--- via use-livecode <