Us and them? [was Re: Livecode Dictionary]

prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org
Mon Jan 21 17:38:52 EST 2019

I agree with Richmond. There are many great suggestions for coding tricks, and workarounds that occur on this list. That wisdom remains in the archives, but is not necessarily obviously accessible to those of us who may be exploring an unfamiliar or poorly documented technique. The dictionary is the first place I go. Links to comments about use and idiosyncrasies would be very helpful and it seems to me a “buyer beware” notice could mitigate and mothership liability. Even though the documentation for using git is available, it is still a hurdle to overcome and does discourage input from many of us.

Adding a commenting capability seems like an ideal livecode application. The dictionary could be still on git with a link or inclusion of text from a commenting app with comments linked to the relevant entry. Information in comments might occasionally be incorporated into the main dictionary entry, then purged as appropriate.

It is also unhelpful the the user guide, accessed in the dictionary window, is not searchable.

Best,
Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org