The merge function is redundant?

prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org
Fri Jan 18 14:27:57 EST 2019

Folks,
I’ve been following this discussion, barely. I don’t use merge, but when I need to form a command from several variables, I create the command as a text string and use do to execute it.

So, when I look it up in the dictionary, I see a fairly simplistic description with nothing resembling the code being discussed in this thread.

So I’m thinking: “What’s with the square brackets?”

I haven’t looked at the link that Kee posted, (I’m having breakfast at the beach)  but would like to make a request for the dictionary entry to be expanded.

Best,
Bill

William Prothero
http://ed.earthednet.org