windows defender issues? & other AV issues?

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Mon Jan 7 19:59:59 EST 2019

Jacqueline:

 > I'm willing to bet that any slowdown in the SE not related to
 > AV intervention is probably the new auto-complete features.
 > I've turned most of them off and I see no speed decrease.

Thanks Jacqueline, very true - that's yet another separate SE
performance issue! Very good for people to know if they aren't on the
most powerful machines.

(And who knows, depending on the timing of the symptoms appearing in the
wild, might even relate to whatever allowed AV to get involved. The SE
jerkiness/slowdowns related to Defender never gave me any big problems
prior to LC 9. But that's a different issue and should be considered
100% separate.)

In the case of Bug 21604, I had purposefully turned off most auto
features in testing, as documented in the bug report.

Yes, me too - with Defender tweaked and auto off, I'm steaming along
just fine on Windows. My only concern now is a permanent fix if
possible, and why the same symptoms sometimes show up on Mac. ;)

Thanks to all involved for responding to my initial request last month
and participating in pinning down the problem so far; it was pesky! :)

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"