windows defender issues? & other AV issues?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 6 12:29:49 EST 2019

Most software I've seen does ask users to whitelist their app in any
anti-virus software the user has.

I don't think LC could ask for exclusions for any app it builds, it's a
development platform. Anyone could take the free version, write some
malware, and distribute it. That would be like asking AV software to
exclude any app written in Java.

The responsibility would probably be on you, the app developer, to get an
exclusion for your particular app. I don't know much about how Defender
works, but getting a signing certificate from MS may be one way to
legitimize the app.

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On January 6, 2019 10:58:18 AM Tom Glod via use-livecode