Need crash course in Dropbox library

pink nabble at mad.pink
Fri Feb 15 13:22:17 EST 2019

Unfortunately, looking at the other library isn't making things clearer...

Let me get more specific, here are the main commands I'm trying to learn:

dropboxUploadSessionStart pAccessToken, pData
dropboxUploadSessionAppend pAccessToken, pSession, pOffset, pData
dropboxUploadSessionFinish pAccessToken, pSession, pOffset, pPath, pMode,
pAutorename, pMute, pData

I understand how to get the access token, and how to get the sessionID
but...

1. what do I put into pData? I assume pData is the file I am supposed to be
uploading, but how do I put it in there? do I just open file, then read from
file and then put it into pData?
2. do i just use the same value for pData in all commands?
3. Where do I get the pOffset value?
4. Do I control how much data is sent with each request? If so, how? If not,
how do I know how many append sessions to use before I send the finish?

Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote
> Then I would suggest
> Grab Gerard's LC dropbox v2 goodies that are at
> https://github.com/macMikey/dropboxapi_v2
> The LC dropbox library was "inspired by" Gerard's library.  The command
> names are different, but I'm pretty sure it's one-to-one and I'm pretty
> sure the syntax is identical.  Where it isn't (or where a return value
> didn't correlate) I'm pretty sure I submitted PR's to LC's library to fix
> theirs, and I'm pretty sure all the PR's have been integrated.
> One thing that is different/better with LC's library is that LC's library
> adds optional support for asynchronous calls if you have one of the
> not-free LC versions.
> Gerard's library also has a tester built in, which is helpful for
> debugging
> purposes.  When you have the syntax right, switch the calls to the LC
> library.
> If you still need help check back here and we'll see what else you might
> need.
>
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 8:24 PM pink via use-livecode <

> use-livecode at .runrev

>> wrote:
>
>> was planning on using the LC Dropbox library
>>

>> -----
>> ---
>> Greg (pink) Miller
>> mad, pink and dangerous to code