Weird LiveCode Plugins Prefs writing problems

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Fri Feb 8 18:34:24 EST 2019

Bill,

I had severe problems when starting with MacOS 10.14.
As I know now these were mostly permission problems.

The Apple security hystery may help to that. I still
have some files of zero size that are not deletable
and change their name. I think this is caused by MacOS.
But meanwhile I'm running 10.14.3 without problems.

For repairing and maintenace I use Onyx (which has for
each main MacOS an own version):
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

I personally think that "bitDefender" and "CleanMyMac"
make more harm than they help. Onyx is more transparent
and helped me out of the problems described above.

p.s. The revonline cache is deletable from the LC prefs.
The LC caches are in /Library/Application\ Support/RunRev.
You can open the folder from message box:

launch document $HOME&"/Library/Application Support/RunRev"

Good luck!