[ANN] Release 9.6.0 DP-2
panos.merakos at livecode.com
Wed Dec 18 06:09:10 EST 2019
Dear list members,
We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.6.0 DP-2.
Developer Preview Release
Warning: this is not a stable release. Please ensure that you back up your
stacks before testing them.
Getting the Release
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.
LiveCode 9.6.0 DP-2 comes with more than 15 issues resolved, including:
- The ability to pass "detailed-utf8" to the files() and folders() function
to preserve unicode filenames has been added.
- A regression where the new iOS native browser control did not
resize/redraw is now fixed
- A regression where setting the htmlText of the browser widget could fail
on Windows is now fixed
- Support for merging activity attributes is added in the Android Manifest
- An issue where the cameraControl could show a rotated preview in
landscape orientation is now fixed
- This build (for Mac) is not notarized yet, so if your Mac is running
MacOS Catalina (10.15.x) you will get a warning dialog saying that the app
cannot be opened. In this case, you have to whitelist LiveCode in the
System Settings -> Security and Privacy, and then right-click on LiveCode
and choose "Open" from the contextual menu. Just double-clicking to open it
will not work. Note that you'll only need to do this once, the very first
time you open LiveCode 9.6 DP-2. For more details and instructions see here:
- The Browser widget's native layer is not shown in some Linux distros with
Cinnamon window manager.
- The use of the Browser widget is not supported on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit LTS
The full release notes are available from:
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
The LiveCode Team
More information about the use-livecode