Copying cards from one stack to another

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Dec 10 16:33:56 EST 2019

Holy Moly Batman!

I was in LC9.5.1rc1 and needed to copy some cards from the substack of
one mainstack stack to the substack of another main stack. I was
surprised to see there appears to be not GUI IDE option to copy a card
form one stack to another, not via the clipboard or by any means I can
figure out.

Thinking this was a bug, I whipped up a couple 3 card test stacks A and
B and started going back in LC version ony to find that as far back as I
have, LC 6.7.11, you still can not copy a card from one stack to another
via the IDE!

The only way appears to be via the 'copy <card> to <stack>' script
command, except, when use the copy command in the message boc in
LC9.5.1rc1 to copy a card, the card appears in the tartget stack (if I
have the stack open and visible). The list of cards in the Project
Browser is not updated, even if I close the Project Browser and reopen
it AND, even though the target stack shows a * in the title bar to
indicate it has unsaved changes - the copied cards - saving the target
stack and/or its mains tack does NOT save the changes. When * does not
go away from the titlebar and when reopened, the copied cards are not
present. The stack do NOT have 'cantModify' set to true.

I can not believe something as basic as copying a card can not be done
via the IDE interface or that the copy command seems broken in 9.5.1rc1.

What the heck am I doing wrong?!?