Groups in the message path: Trapping Mouseup

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Dec 9 12:34:14 EST 2019

On 2019-12-09 14:30, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
> -- background groups: "encapsulated" only receive mouse/touch events
> from objects that are contain in "itself" --  group
> -- behaviors: "encapsulated": only receive mouse events for the object
> or group the behavior is assigned to.
>
> Isn't this a bug?  Otherwise, "We have chaos on the Highway 666, total
> car wreck on the Message Path"

No - background groups have always worked this way (and behaviors work
the way you'd expect, they receive events which the object they are
attached to doesn't handle).

All background groups placed on a card appear after the card in the
message path.

There are two settings you can apply to a group - 'Shared Group' and
'Background behavior'.

The 'Shared Group' setting means it can be placed on more than one card.

The 'Background Behavior' setting means it behaves like a background -
rather than a normal group.

If you turn 'background behavior' off, then your shared group should no
longer receive messages after the card does.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps