Achilles Heel of Livecode

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 01:53:51 EST 2019

I, frankly, cannot be bothered by animated GIF images.

My experiments over the last 5-6 with a series of images used as the
*backGroundPattern*
of a graphic object has shown that if one animated at 25 images per second
(and this is what I might term the "Mickey Mouse rate" as it was
probably worked out
by Disney and/or his contemporaries) it looks like movement and does not
*jerk*
unless the images have been badly prepared.

That is, of course, only on desktop machines as I have only dipped my toes
very tentatively into mobile devices.

What is the ultimate difference for the end-user (i.e. the person who is
watching an animation)
between that sort of animation and what Brahmanathaswami means by Smooth
Scrolling?

The only real downside of flashing a series of images with a graphic
object frame
(that I am aware of) is in terms of physical storage (a lot of images
stored off-screen)

Richmond.