Datagrid2 Form view slow down.

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu Aug 22 20:58:41 EDT 2019

> On 23 Aug 2019, at 12:27 am, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Monte,
>
> Many thanks for your response. I don't know how I had inferred that I was
> using mobile as this is ONLY for PC Desktop and HTML5 emscripten running in
> Chrome on a PC Desktop (which will be the final intended platform). I'm
> confused about what I said that caused Herman and yourself to assume I was
> talking about mobile. I thought the HTML5 forum was for Desktop Web only.

Sorry, my mistake so skip that bit ;-)

> I checked in dglist for the effective layermode of the Row Templates in my
> form and they are coming up as 'static' (set layermode is 'dynamic'). So
> there must be some incompatible adornment. But, as Henry asked, what
> adornments would cause this? I don't even know what is meant by the term
> 'adornments’.

The following must not be set on the group for it to work as a container or scrolling layermode:

- opaque
- showBorder
- showname
- hScrollbar
- vScrollbar
- dropShadow
- innerShadow
- outerGlow
- innerGlow
- colorOverlay

Yes these should be listed in the docs for layerMode instead of just `(no borders, no scrollbars)`. If someone would like to create a docs bug report about that and even better submit a patch that would he helpful for everyone I think.

> All I have in my template is 3 standard text fields with no adjustments

The issue is more likely with the properties of the main datagrid group rather than your row template

Cheers

Monte