Script Editor Slow on Windows (any Macs?)

AndyP smudge.andy at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 26 04:11:56 EDT 2018

As something to test. I've noticed that the script editor problems worsen
when either the project browser or message box have been opened, the longer
these are open the more the script editor ... in all of LC 9 series gets.

If I do not have the project browser open or use the message box then the
degradation in speed does not in my case materialize so quickly.

I have seen the same slowdown effect on a 64b Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10GHz with
8GB and a newish I7 620 2.66GHz 64b laptop with 16GB ram installed.

I have no plugins activated, in fact, I tried with the plugins folder
emptied.

It would appear that ide messages are hanging somewhere along line?

-----
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE  a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode