Script Editor Unusable on Windows

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Wed Sep 26 02:23:29 EDT 2018

Following up - just wanted to mention that this is a bit more complex.
Yesterday I was going to submit a screenshot of my system specs (and I
did) but found that my current recipe, tested during a problematic LC
session the day before, was not at all sufficient to trigger the issue
from scratch. Panos, thanks for confirming the same on your end.

That's a very good thing in one sense; perhaps this issue isn't going to
bite newbies on day one of using LC, and that helps the cause. However,
I certainly don't want to minimize it or make light of it to any degree;
the script editor slowdown is one heck of a show stopper when it does
strike (right when you're hard at work) and all the more insidious until
we know the conditions that trigger it.

Very likely we will know soon. It may take some days, but as I have time
I will hunt down the trigger and hopefully see whether it affects other
platforms and how much 901 SE performance differs from 900 or other
versions. I've seen the slowdown several times - big difference between
running the occasional LC test on a platform/chip and doing actual LC
work on it every day for hours! Enough that I had already started
developing a habit of avoiding 901 when I know I'll be typing a lot.

Now I will do just the opposite and use 901 for all possible code
editing to pin this thing down for a foolproof recipe, and then
hopefully it'll be history before long! Thanks.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"