Standalone build workaround

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Sep 19 02:31:07 EDT 2018

The standalone builder no longer locks messages; the docs say this:

"As an attempt to improve this situation, the code that locks messages
when closing and opening stacks for standalone builds has been removed.
This means that where previously mainstacks would not receive openStack
and closeStack messages during standalone build, they now do."

First off, is this true only for openstack and closestack, or for all
open*/close* messages, such as opencard, openbackground, etc.?

Secondly, if the suggested workaround is placed into an openStack handler:

on openstack
   if the environment is "development" and the mode of stack
"revStandaloneProgress" > 0 then
     exit openStack
   end if
end openstack

The IDE throws an error: can't find stack

Suggestions? I'm trying to help someone debug this problem, as the stack
has an openStack handler that needs to run. If the issue only applies to
openStack messages, then we can change the handler to openCard instead.
If the problem is for all open* messages then we need another solution.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com