Numbering lines

Mark Hsu mark.h at canelasoftware.com
Fri Oct 26 13:41:38 EDT 2018

I think your issue is where you say “put tcount & j into line tcount of it” — The line X of … call is very slow as it has to count every line from 1 - X.
try this:

local tBuffer
put 1 into tCount
repeat for each line j in pText
  put tCount & j & lf after tBuffer
  add 1 to tCount
  set the thumbpos of scrollbar “filterprog” to tCount
end repeat
delete line -1 of tBuffer
put tBuffer into pText //If you want to update the initial variable with the numbered lines
put tBuffer into field “numberedtext"

- Mark Hsu