Confirming a thing about IDs

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Oct 11 17:35:43 EDT 2018

> Mutable, as in the engine or IDE change it without user interaction???

No, you have to work at it explicitly. I'm sorry to say that I pushed
for this some years ago in a misguided assumption that this would help
advance the cause of version control. That allowed me to reconstruct
objects from script, then Monte came up with a different and better
solution, and then they both got rejected. So now you can assign and
change object ids and it still won't do you any good.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com