OT our shipping software is finally finished

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu Oct 4 05:29:18 EDT 2018

The complete project started in February this year.
I´ve started with our DHL module in February and finished that at the end of March. The DHL part was easier, as the app does not have to create the label. The app fetches the shipping data the same way as the Trans-o-Flex module does, but then writes the shipping information as XML file into a folder which is monitored by a DHL polling software. This polling software is provided by DHL. The DHL polling software then transmits the data to DHL and if the shipment data is correct, then the software receives the shipping label from DHL as PDF and prints that out. At the end of the day the DHL polling software fetches the shipping data for all parcels and pallets from DHL and stores that information in our database. (We need that data for tracking and to export it to our webserver.

I started with the Trans-o-Flex module early April. It began with studying the tech papers of Trans-o-Flex, fetching needed information and evaluating the needs of my colleagues. For Trans-o-Flex we used a separate program and  I wanted to make the change from the old to the new app as easy as possible for them . Programming started late  April. I worked on that app about 5 hours a day, sometimes more somtimes less. First shipments were done with the new app from the 18th of September. The complete switch from the old Trans-o-Flex app to the new app was around the 25th of September. Since the 18th we shipped about 739 Trans-o-Flex parcels/pallets with our new app.

So all in all the complete app took about 8 month in research and development.
Currently i am reviewing my comments in the scripts to make them more “understandable” for others in case this is needed in the future.

> Am 04.10.2018 um 02:11 schrieb Tom Glod via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> All the best and tons of sales.

Unfortunately it´s an in-house tool and there are no plans to sell it.

Regards,

Matthias