[ANN] animationEngine is free now

Malte Pfaff-Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Tue Oct 2 13:20:57 EDT 2018

Hey all!

Thanks for the kind words! And please excuse I did not reply earlier. Rather busy setting up the Promo stuff at the moment.

I’ll surely keep lurking on the lists. :-) There still will be an OSS project I am stewarding using liveCode, so I'll be in the boat for a while. I just feel that I can not cope with the changed markets for end user software any more. End users expectations seem to be to receive everything at no or very low cost. I blame mobile devices for that. Add to that the permanent struggle with licenses and you have a mix that frustrates me perfectly. With the Kickstarter stuff I like to test the waters if the “new times” still leave opportunities for niche developers, to at least break even on developing something that is not coded as a service / under contract. I hope you do not mind if I post under [OT] label once it goes live (Sunday).

Cheers,

Malte