problem with mobileSetKeyboardType

Pi Digital sean at pidigital.co.uk
Sat Nov 3 08:18:48 EDT 2018

Hi Mike

It’s not a good idea putting it into an openField handler as this is often as or after the keyboard has already opened. Setting it in the mouseDown will catch it earlier. Or setting transverse to false until a mouseDown/Up which first sets the keyboardType then sets its transverse to true and focus to it. (Set the transverse back to false on exitFocus).

Perhaps this is how the docs should be updated to accommodate this behaviour - as well as double checking the handling of ‘alphabet’.

Sean Cole
Pi Digital