Was: URGENT: MergGoogle no longer works on iOS: CLIENTS VERY UNHAPPY

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Fri May 25 21:37:58 EDT 2018

Sean:
I have never met you except through this listserve and, if my memory serves, on the Direct-L listserve, where you’ve been a generous, respected and positive contributor.

The main takeaway I hope you have from this is that the folks on this list value you and care about your well-being and we all cringe when something like what happened to you, happens to anybody else. I’ve found that, in this world, “Sh**t" happens” and there isn’t a heck of a lot we can do about it except try hard to not feel like it’s a personal failure. In my case, a botched biopsy resulted in a 3 mo hospital stay, close to fatal, which I’m still recovering from. It makes me really value the time I have, my wife, my projects, my friends,  and sunny days.

Among my friends, we sometimes give “esteem baths”. Please take this outpouring of concern and even some $$ as evidence of our esteem and caring for you as a colleague and online friend.

Best wishes to you,
Bill

William A. Prothero
Prof Emeritus