on-rev choosing engine

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu May 24 15:46:11 EDT 2018

Thanks, I'll try this and see what I can figure out.  It seems though that
the server engines aren't there. (not found) type errors.  Using the info
from that lesson, there should be an engine at
/cgi-bin/livecode-server-4.6.3 for example.  (or any version based on the
same format, with the exception of the default (7.0.1) which is at
/cgi-bin/livecode-server according to the lesson, and the irev version is
in a different place too.  )

Then it goes on to give the example as in 4.6.3 which matches the
description of how things are named/placed.  But its not there.  When
running standard, no .htaccess, the livecode-server is located at

/usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/livecodeserver-7.1.0/livecode-server

So it appears that the lesson is wrong here too, and that the handler for
.lc files would point to /cgi-bin/livecodeserver-7.1.0/livecode-server
rather than as described.

I thought maybe things were the same, so tried with
/cgi-bin/livecodeserver-4.6.3/livecode-server but thats a no.  I also did a
shell call, when doing shell("ls
/usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/livecodeserver-7.1.0/  the files are there as
expected.   When doing the same for livecodeserver-6.4.3 the directory
doesn't exist. All this would be made easier if I had permission to ls
/usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/ to look at whats there, but thats not possible.

I'm guessing the scriptalias points to /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/ so if
anyone has a clue how things are actually named for LC server versions
underneath that, that actually work, I'd appreciate the info. Otherwise,
I'll msg support and ask there.

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 12:53 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <