Overwriting a file on a server

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Wed Mar 7 06:39:58 EST 2018

Hi Bob

Yes, that works - since the file is tiny, just trying to download it and seeing what you get works  too (not a good strategy in general, I agree). The problem was the overwriting of the file - Richard G and other folks have pointed out that it would be extremely dangerous in the whole internet world if that were easy! I was in retrospect being extremely naive. What it’s done to me is to make me reconsider the way my app works, and I’ve chosen another way of dealing with my requirement by using local application storage. This just happens to work in my particular case.

Cheers

Graham