Another server question (mixing node.js and LC)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 1 13:48:16 EST 2018

jbv wrote:

 > On Thu, March 1, 2018 5:38 pm, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
 >> It's nice that we now have
 >> graphics capabilities in Server,
 >
 > Is there any doc on this somewhere ?

I think it was in the Release Notes for whatever version it was enabled
in (v7?), but I haven't checked to see if it's in the LS Server Guide
included with the download.

I haven't needed it myself, but my recollection is it's pretty
straightforward:  use the "export snapshot from <obj>" command to
produce an image of whatever you can put on a card.

This isn't new on the desktop of course, but earlier version of LC
Server didn't include the graphics subsystem.

 > And is this feature already available on the LC version of on-rev
 > accounts ?

Hard to say. I have an on-rev account, but haven't set it up.  I would
imagine that the mother ship is using the latest Stable build, no?

IIRC this has been around since at least v7, so the much-faster v8 and
v9 engines should have it too.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems