Tessellated hexagonal grid?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 10:22:32 EDT 2018

One of the problems about any polygonal shape in LiveCode is that it
still subsists inside a square/rectangle.

That might seem like a crashingly obvious remark until one starts to
consider how squares and how hexagons tesselate.

And, even more to the point, how the human brain (and, face facts, most
of the time we are likely to be dealing
with either a square or hexagonal grid on a computer is because we want
to "fool" humans into believing that
what the screen presents them with is a square or hexagonal grid with
all the functionality and meaning of
square or hexagonal grids in the real world).

If I pretend I am a flat-earther, and that the earth I live on is
hexagonal, I want all those people who are
silly enough to believe that the world is spherical to fall off the
hexagonal earth at the vertices of the hexagon,
and not the vertices of some other polygonal shape that encloses my
hexagonal earth that's vertices are
not completely congruent with that hexagon.

I'm messing around with hexagons right now, and will post some of my
thoughts in the Forum.

Richmond.