What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Charles Warwick charles at techstrategies.com.au
Wed Jun 27 03:35:05 EDT 2018

Hi Matthias,

> On 27 Jun 2018, at 7:57 am, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Hm, On-Rev support told me that  GLIBC 2.1.4 is needed to run Livecode Server 9 64bit on On-Rev. The 32bit version is working on On-Rev with the older one.
> They did not mention that this library is also needed to get the 32bit tsNET external  running with Livecode server 32 bit on On-Rev.

Usually I run Apache (with PHP/LiveCode) in docker these days.  I am not sure if you are familiar with it, but here is the contents of the Dockerfile which builds the image.  It is effectively just a script that builds a basic Ubuntu 16:04 Linux server running Apache.

( I can successfully use the latest tsNet external with it.)

—

FROM ubuntu:16.04

EXPOSE 80

RUN apt-get update && \
    apt-get install -y \
        apache2 \
        libc6-i386 \
        libfontconfig \
        libx11-6 \
        libxext6 \
        unzip \
        wget

COPY apache2/apache2.conf /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
COPY livecode/LiveCodeIndyServer-9_0_0-Linux-x86_64.zip /LiveCodeIndyServer-9_0_0-Linux-x86_64.zip

RUN mkdir -p /usr/local/livecode && cd /usr/local/livecode && \
    unzip /LiveCodeIndyServer-9_0_0-Linux-x86_64.zip && \
    chmod 755 livecode-server && \
    a2enmod actions && a2enmod cgi

COPY livecode/tsNet-x64.so /usr/local/livecode/externals/tsNet-x64.so

ENV APACHE_RUN_USER www-data
ENV APACHE_RUN_GROUP www-data
ENV APACHE_LOG_DIR /var/log/apache2
ENV APACHE_RUN_DIR=/var/run/apache2

ENTRYPOINT ["/usr/sbin/apache2"]
CMD ["-D", "FOREGROUND"]

—

The apache2.conf file that gets copied in simply sets up the livecode-server binary to handle .lc files - which I am guessing you are already familiar with.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Charles