Examples of encryption for database access

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:56:53 EDT 2018

Folks:
Woke up this morning and realized I need to clarify a couple of points on my post.
1. For a test, you can use the LC script I included, exactly as given, which will access the included php test script on my server.
2. The php script just returns the decrypted text that you put in the tPostA[“theQuery”] array element. For real world use, you would want to, in the php, encrypt the return text.
3. As far as I can tell, I need to have the encryption key and iV stored on both the LC app (to encrypt the text that is being sent) and the php script, to decrypt it.
4. I left out the part where the php encrypts the return value and the LC decrypts it. I’ll add it in if anybody wants it.

Best,
Bill