AW: LiveCode - Andoid SDK - Java compatibility chart?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Jun 19 04:15:44 EDT 2018

Agree!

before thinking of a big solution like an "integrated setup" it would
already help a lot to have a complete, detailed and regularly checked and
updated step by step road map like LC has started it with:
https://livecode.com/resources/guides/mobile/android/
This 'how to' guide only had to be updated regularly (with version
recommendations or a compatibility table) and enhanced with notes to pit
falls, etc., independently of who (Android, Java, LC) is responsible for any
issue.
I followed this guide and the provided links, but it took much too long for
me after a bunch of annoying experiences, not to take the current versions
(what is the natural reflex), but any (which?) old versions. And this is
only the very first step on the road to getting an android app into the
market, where you are heading enough technical issues, not to talk about the
oddities of app signing, etc.
This is not user friendly and will scare newbees definitely away (and even
scares me, thinking of how many pitfalls I have to investigate until a
published app).

Tiemo