Datagrid selectionChanged bug?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jun 6 00:50:02 EDT 2018

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 5:27 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> I suppose I can get around it by using send in time so the actual
> selectionChanged handler finishes before the cascade of form updates
> happens. But if it is a bug and shouldn't be happening, I suppose I should
> try to make a stack that reproduces it. (I may have already done so but I
> don't keep track of my own bug reports!)

The issue you are seeing is probably caused by the inability of the engine
to delete the object that is the target of the current event. When you
replace the data grid contents during selectionChanged you are trying to
delete the control that was clicked on and trigger the selectionChanged
message. The engine doesn’t like that. You will need to use `send in time`
to accomplish what you are after.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps