scrollerdidscroll, but WHAT has bee scrolled?

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Sat Jun 2 13:02:30 EDT 2018

Klaus,

I name the scroller the same as the control it's scrolling. The
"scrollderdidscroll" is only sent to the stack that created it. If you have
a generic "create scroller" handler in a library stack then the
"scrollderdidscroll" message will only go to that stack. In the context of
"scrollderdidscroll" message "this stack" is the library stack. If you want
a truly generic scroller in a library stack then you would also have to put
the stack name into the control ID along with the LC control name and parse
it out in the "scrollderdidscroll" handler later. In my case there is only
one stack for the GUI so it's easy to know what the stack the control is in.
Here's my generic "scrollderdidscroll" I have this in a library stack(along
with generic scroller create handle).

on scrollerDidScroll hScrolled, vScrolled
   local ControlID

      put mobileControlTarget() into ControlID

      set the vscroll of control ControlID of stack "MainStackGUI" to
vscrolled
      set the hscroll of control ControlID of stack "MainStackGUI" to
hscrolled

   pass scrollerDidScroll
end scrollerDidScroll

Ralph DiMola